Friendsgiving parties are coming up the next two weekends and nobody wants to come empty handed. Here’s a simple recipe that will feed most of your friends and not drain the bank too much:
Feta Cheese Foldovers
Total time: <40 mins.
- 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, blend feta cheese, green onions, and egg. Cut pastry into 12 (3 inch) squares. Place a mounded tablespoon of feta mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges with water, and fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Press edges together firmly with a fork to seal. Lightly brush pastries with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.