Hardly knew ya Boombox. Enjoy the Vault.
For everybody excited to find Stage 3 and 4 for the Prisoner skin, you may be in luck. Here’s the patch notes for this week:
Fire and forget! Light the fuse and watch a stream of rockets barrage enemy locations with this new item.
More than just looks…Gather around and tell tales of your adventures while you heal with your friends around
Limited Time Mode: Wild West Duos
Note: We’ve begun testing a new schedule for Limited Time Modes. Playlists will rotate every couple of days to allow a more diverse amount of modes to be available over the course of a week.
Fight for a Victory Royale using a limited set of weapons and items, such as Hunting Rifles, Shotguns, and Dynamite. This town ain’t big enough for the hundred of us!
- Increased the chance for Slurp Juice to appear in Supply Drops.
- Unvaulted the Revolver and the Double Barrel Shotgun for this mode.
Weapons + Items
- Bottle Rockets
- A thrown item that launches a barrage of bottle rockets to the toward the targeted direction.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Found from Floor Loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and Supply Drops.
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Max stack size of 6.
- Fires 45 rockets of varying speeds randomly within a cone over roughly 9 seconds.
- Deals 10 player and 40 environmental damage per explosion.
- Max 2 active per player.
- Environmental Campfires
- Campfire props in the world can now be lit by interacting with them.
- Behaves like the Cozy Campfire, healing 2 health per second for 25 seconds to all nearby players.
- Each campfire can only be used once per match.
- You can tell if a campfire has been used by whether or not you can still see wood in it.
- Reduced the chance of receiving rocket ammo out of ammo boxes from 12% to 6%.
- Increased the impulse strength of the Launchpad by 28.5%.
- Reduced the chance to receive Dynamite from Chests from 7% to 5.33%.
- Sneaky Snowman will no longer drop from Chests.
- Chiller Grenade
- Lowered the volume of the beep.
- Architect Pop-Up Cup
- Removed the ability to edit enemy structures. Thank you for your feedback!
First full week of January comes with big name titles although not much else. The big winner again is Nintendo getting all the titles. While two of the three are just ports to the current generation, it is still guaranteed to bring in big money for them. Regardless of what system you have, Tales of Vesperia is an experience that all should try or relive your younger years. See the full list below:
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story (3DS)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
The last week of game releases before Christmas is here. PlayStation is getting the new Warhammer game finally after being on Xbox and PC for a couple of months. But other than that, Xbox and PlayStation have no big releases. Nintendo is upping their game with a lot of titles this week, although they are not big name releases. See this list below:
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (PS4)
- Nightshade (Switch)
- Guess the Character (Switch)
- Funghi Explosion (Switch)
- Pipe Push Paradise (Switch)
- Omega Strike (Switch)
- Digerati Indie Bundle: INK & HackyZack (Switch)
- Blacksea Odyssey (Switch)
Just like any slow news day, Epic picks up the slack with putting out their patch notes, so here they are for Fortnite’s Battle Royale:
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only weapons in this mode are Shotgun variants.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun variants are spawned as floor loot.
- The Storm moves in more quickly than normal at mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
Weapons + Items
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
- X-4 Stormwing
- When a plane is shot down, the driver and all passengers of that plane will now take 25 damage from the explosion.
- Speculative fix for players moving after being eliminated.
- Fixed players being ejected from vehicles if they lost the icy feet effect.
It’s a sad week for Xbox One fans. The big title games this week are coming to all platforms but Xbox One. Although PS4’s big release is Borderlands 2 VR, which is basically the same game that was released 5 years ago. It’ll still be fun to replay through the missions again. See the full list below:
- Everspace – Stellar Edition (Switch)
- Double Switch: 25th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
- Desert Child (PS4, Switch)
- Gungrave VR (PSVR)
- S.O.N. (PS4)
- Earth Defense Force 5 (PS4)
- Knights of Pen & Paper 2: Deluxiest Edition (PS4)
- Insurgency: Sandstorm (PC)
- Starman (Switch)
- SEGA AGES Phantasy Star (Switch)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures (Switch)
- Oxyjet (Switch)
- GRIS (Switch, PC)
- Dragon Marked for Death (Switch)
- Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story (Switch)
- Borderlands 2 VR (PSVR)
- Big Crown: Showdown (PS4)
December is starting strong with the releases just in time for the holiday season. The big one is the new Super Smash Bros. that is coming to the Switch this Friday. PUBG is also coming to PS4 this Friday as well. See the full list below:
- Beholder 2 (PC)
- Toki (Switch)
- Gear.Club Unlimited 2 (Switch)
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PS4, PS Vita)
- Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (PS4)
- Just Cause 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Subnautica (PS4, Xbox One)
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC)
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (PS4, Xbox One)
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game (PS4)
- Atelier Arland Series Deluxe Pack (PS4)
- The Council: Episode 5 (PS4)
- Arca’s Path (PS4)
- Override: Mech City Brawl (PS4, Xbox One)
- Energy Cycle Edge (Switch)
- Rival Megagun (Switch)
- LongStory: A Dating Game for the Real World (Switch)
- Color Zen (Switch)
- Beholder: Complete Edition (Switch)
- Jagged Alliance: Rage! (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The Last Remnant Remastered (PS4)
- Battle Princess Madelyn (PS4, Switch)
- Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek (PS4, Switch)
- Path of Exile (PS4)
- Iris.Fall (PC)
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PS4)
- SEGA Genesis Classics (Switch)
- Katamari Damacy REROLL (Switch, PC)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
The last week of Season 6 is finally here. Finish up your Challenges before it is too late. See the last patch of the Season below:
Limited Time Mode: Team Rumble
Two large teams fight for the Victory Royale in an action-packed mode where the first team to get 100 eliminations wins!
- Two teams of 20 players.
- Players will respawn after 5 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a random type of ammo upon elimination, as well as a random stack of either 120 Wood, 90 Stone, or 60 Metal materials.
- Only Uncommon weapons (or better) are available.
- The first team to 100 eliminations wins.
Weapons + Items
- New Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun
- 105 / 110 maximum damage
- Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Shotguns will now always apply at least 3 pellets worth of damage if only 1-2 pellets hit the target.
- NOTE: Bonus pellets can never be critical hits.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage and fall-off changes.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage increased from 80 / 85 to 95 / 100
- Pump shotguns will do higher damage in shorter range buckets but damage falls off quicker. This means you’ll do more damage to closer targets but less damage to farther targets.
- Added Stink Bombs to Supply Drops
- Removed Double Barrel Shotguns from floor loot
- Mounted Turret
- Adjusted Mounted Turret collision to make it easier to land shots against anyone occupying it.
- Removed the ability to repair the Mounted Turret
- Fixed players being able to clip into turret barrels and get stuck.
- Supply drops will automatically open if landing on a Mounted Turret
- Drop rate reduced from 1.719% to 0.915%
- The Mounted Turret can no longer fire through its own floor.
- Fixed an issue with players not having an audio cue while gliding after respawning.
- Fixed an issue with Chiller effects not applying properly to players’ feet.
- Reduced the in-air speed when using the Glider Redeploy feature in supported game modes.
- Added functionality that allows the placement of map markers in the world without needing to go into the fullscreen map.
- You’ll be able to look at a position in the world and use the “Place Marker” keybind to place a map marker. This command will only be available by default while in Combat Mode.
- This command is defaulted to Left on the D-pad for controllers and the Middle Mouse button for PC and Mac.
- For Mobile players, this command will be bound to an optional button in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Added the ability to pick up and throw back Dynamite with a lit fuse.
- To throw the Dynamite with a lit fuse, get near it and use the interact key.
- Increased the Dynamite explosion height against players from 192 units to 300 units.
- This was done to prevent players from being able to jump over the explosion area on flat ground without taking damage.
- New Tournament: Alchemist Pop-Up Cup
- Pop-Up Cups are tournaments testing temporary, Limited Time Modes. Alchemist will continue our testing of several gameplay adjustments and may differ day to day.
- Initial Mode Settings:
- A material cap of 500 Wood, 500 Stone, 500 Metal
- Harvesting Rate Increased by 40%
- +50 Health on Eliminations
- Storm Surge
- If a certain amount of players are remaining by the time the Storm finishes closing, a Storm Surge will activate. This periodically deals damage to players who have the least amount of damage dealt during the match.
- Circle 1: 60 Players Remaining
- Circle 2: 44 Players Remaining
- Circle 3: 30 Players Remaining
- Circle 4: 20 Players Remaining
- Circle 5: 16 Players Remaining
- Circle 6: 14 Players Remaining
- Circle 7: 12 Players Remaining
- Circle 8: 6 Players Remaining
- Circle 9: 2 Players Remaining
- Your highest score or pin during any event session will now be displayed on the tournament poster in the Events tab.
- Pins will now reflect tournament colors on the Event Details screen.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive points during warmup island which would be later removed.
- Improvements to level streaming performance on Xbox One and Switch (improving building load times during skydiving)
- Player in-air falling audio cue volume has been increased.
- The Mounted Turret overheat audio loop volume has been reduced.
- Fixed an issue where the Glider in-air audio cue wouldn’t play for players who glide in after respawning.
We’re excited to announce that for a limited time we’ll be offering Gifting with the release of our v6.31 update! This initial gifting period will last one week after the release of the update.
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that occasionally occurred when logging in for the first time.
Art + Animation
- Fixed an issue where player nameplates disappear after scrubbing a replay.
- 60 FPS is now available on the following devices:
- Iphone XS
- Iphone XS Max
- Iphone XR
- Map Marker button added to the HUD Layout Tool
The publisher Rockstar has announced that the online portion of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be coming to all players by this Friday.
Starting today, players that own the Ultimate Edition of the game will get access online. Players that played on launch day will be able to join on Wednesday. If you played it during the first weekend, you will have access on Thursday. If you don’t meet any of the previous marks, then you will be the last in starting Friday.
While the exact times haven’t been announced, this is still exciting news for everybody. As some may remember, they tried a global launch of GTA V Online and failed massively. Servers were unplayable for a couple of weeks and even still today, gamers are faced with long load times. This delayed release will hopefully solve some of these problems.
This will also be the first time we will see the costs of in-game items. Rockstar is known for milking their games by adding expensive items that either need a long grind for in-game money or require a real-life purchase of in-game money. Hopefully they have fixed this issue as well. Many users found the payouts weren’t as rewarding as they should’ve been.
Hopefully they allow the lasso in this version of online as well.
Another fun week of game releases for all consoles. If you own an Xbox One, PS4, or PC, look into playing Darksiders III. The first two recently got remastered and are quite fun, but lack the replay value. If you have a Switch, Katamari Damacy Reroll comes this Friday. See the full release schedule below:
- Darksiders III (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Spintires: Mudrunner – American Wilds (Switch)
- NAIRI: Tower of Shirin (Switch)
- Fimbul (PS4)
- Asterix & Obelix XXL (PS4, Switch)
- Katamari Damacy Reroll (Switch, PC) – November 30
- Ride 3 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Battlefield V has finally come out for all this week. While some missed out by not buying the deluxe version, you can now make up for that lost time. Another big console release this week is Warframe. It’s been out for awhile on every console, so we will see how it turned out on the Switch. It’s also free to play. Check out the list below for the big releases this week:
- Battlefield V (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Warframe (Switch)
- Wreckfest (PS4, Xbox One)
- Farming Simulator 19 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Jurassic World Evolution: Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC (PC, PS4, XBO)
- Spider-Man PS4: Turf Wars DLC (PS4)