With the new month here, PlayStation and Xbox have finally put out their free titles for the month. You will have to own PS Plus or Xbox Live subscription to add these titles to your library. You can see the full list below:
The last week of game releases before Christmas is here. PlayStation is getting the new Warhammer game finally after being on Xbox and PC for a couple of months. But other than that, Xbox and PlayStation have no big releases. Nintendo is upping their game with a lot of titles this week, although they are not big name releases. See this list below:
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (PS4)
- Nightshade (Switch)
- Guess the Character (Switch)
- Funghi Explosion (Switch)
- Pipe Push Paradise (Switch)
- Omega Strike (Switch)
- Digerati Indie Bundle: INK & HackyZack (Switch)
- Blacksea Odyssey (Switch)
Just like any slow news day, Epic picks up the slack with putting out their patch notes, so here they are for Fortnite’s Battle Royale:
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only weapons in this mode are Shotgun variants.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun variants are spawned as floor loot.
- The Storm moves in more quickly than normal at mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
Weapons + Items
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
- X-4 Stormwing
- When a plane is shot down, the driver and all passengers of that plane will now take 25 damage from the explosion.
- Speculative fix for players moving after being eliminated.
- Fixed players being ejected from vehicles if they lost the icy feet effect.
It’s a sad week for Xbox One fans. The big title games this week are coming to all platforms but Xbox One. Although PS4’s big release is Borderlands 2 VR, which is basically the same game that was released 5 years ago. It’ll still be fun to replay through the missions again. See the full list below:
- Everspace – Stellar Edition (Switch)
- Double Switch: 25th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
- Desert Child (PS4, Switch)
- Gungrave VR (PSVR)
- S.O.N. (PS4)
- Earth Defense Force 5 (PS4)
- Knights of Pen & Paper 2: Deluxiest Edition (PS4)
- Insurgency: Sandstorm (PC)
- Starman (Switch)
- SEGA AGES Phantasy Star (Switch)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures (Switch)
- Oxyjet (Switch)
- GRIS (Switch, PC)
- Dragon Marked for Death (Switch)
- Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story (Switch)
- Borderlands 2 VR (PSVR)
- Big Crown: Showdown (PS4)
With the age of technology, we are constantly distracted with notifications from our phones. Burger King decided to capitalize on this phenomenon.
From now until Dec. 12th, if you have the Burger King app on your phone and approach within 600 ft. of any McDonald’s, you will receive a coupon for a 1¢ Whopper sandwich. This works similar to how apps like SnapChat handle GeoFilters. Every phone has location services that you must enable to use the app. Because you enabled location services, your phone gets put on a map.
This custom map has a cyber fence around certain locations that allow you to access features when you are within this fence. For SnapChat, it allows you to use custom filters for that region. With the Burger King app, they put fences around most McDonald’s instead. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, this offer isn’t valid unfortunately. For only a penny, this deal is way too good to pass up.
Season 7 is finally here and winter has arrived. For the first time, we will see things such as flying vehicles, gun skins, and even a new creative mode to make your own structures.
With all that is added we must also pay our respects to Greasy Grove and Flush Factory, which got wiped away by the iceberg. Many items also got vaulted, so we will remember them well. See the full list of changes on Epic’s site. Or read below for the Battle Royale notes:
Weapons + Items
- X-4 Stormwing Plane
- 5 total seats.
- Seats 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot.
- Has a mounted machine gun. Be careful, it can overheat.
- Players will go into the skydiving state when exiting the X-4 Stormwing.
- Use the roll buttons for sharp turns.
- Pressing both will fly upside down.
- Double tapping roll buttons will do a barrel roll.
- Can boost and airbrake for extra mobility.
- Balloons have been reworked so that while they are equipped, it is possible to use weapons and items.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
- Updated scope crosshair on Scoped AR and Thermal AR.
- Vaulted Items
- Note: Each new season gives us an opportunity to evaluate the current item rotation. Our goal is to have a reasonable number of items to learn, while avoiding duplicates or overlapping functionality. Based on recent (and upcoming) item additions, we’ve selected the following for vaulting.
- Shadow Stones
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Shockwave Grenade
- Map Updated
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Location: Frosty Flights
- New Location: Polar Peak
- New Location: Happy Hamlet
- Other unnamed Points of Interest (POIs) have also appeared across the island.
- Icy Surfaces can be found in snowy areas.
- Players will slide on certain frozen surfaces.
- Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
- Minimap updated.
- Increased the chance of final circles ending on the outer edges of the map.
- Fixed a bug causing weapon impact effects to play when shooting friendly players, even though no damage was being dealt.
- New Tournament: Explorer Pop-Up Cup
- Material cap set to 700/500/300 for Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Players receive 100/50/50 Wood/Stone/Metal on elimination.
- Resource rate increased by 40%
- +50 effective health on elimination.
- Safezone Changes
- Increased chances of Supply Drops in later circles.
- Circle 9 now travels twice as far but takes twice as long to close.
- Some tournaments will now feature a limit on the number of matches that can be played during an event session.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from receiving elimination rewards if a player they downed was eliminated by the Down-But-Not-Out timer ending or if their team was fully eliminated.
- Optimized spawning pickups when a player is eliminated.
- Optimized the performance of the Dynamite fuse.
- Switch audio performance improvements – falling sounds no longer hitch.
- Minor Switch rendering optimizations to help general framerate.
- Reduced the volume of bullet and pickaxe impact audio on the starting island.
- Added a hit notification audio cue when a vehicle you’re riding in recieves damage.
- Fixed an issue that would cause in-air glider audio to continue playing when eliminating a gliding player.
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicle audio loops to get stuck on.
- Fixed “crackling” audio heard on Mobile/Switch when shooting weapons or emoting.
- The Calamity, Dire, Ragnarok, and Drift Challenges have been moved to a new section at the bottom of the Challenges tab.
- Added filtering and updated the layout of the Locker.
- Vehicle Damage Numbers have been added!
- Vehicles now have a unique damage number pop color and show damage numbers.
- Polished the Store layout to support a larger number of tiles without needing to scroll.
- Minor update to the player feedback UI to add reporting categories and a list of other players in the current or last-played match.
- Fixed Battle Pass information from being displayed in the Lobby tab for players that have not purchased a Battle Pass.
- Fixed the header entry in the daily Challenges screen to work correctly when clicked.
- Moved the Nvidia Highlights button to the top right of the Battle Royale lobby to avoid conflicts with chat click zone.
- Fixed an issue where the Two Factor Authentication screen could sometimes cause input to become unresponsive.
- Nameplates will no longer sit above other HUD elements, such as the map.
- 60 FPS enabled on the iPad Pro 2018.
- 4x MSAA Anti-Aliasing turned back on for iOS.
- Improved performance on all Galaxy Note 9 devices as well as the North American variant of the Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Added support for the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018).
- Fixed the black border on the iPad Pro 2018.
- Fixed graphics settings on previous supported iPad Pro models.
- Fixed incorrect quality settings for iPad 6th Generation.
- Fixed occasional shadow flickerings in the game lobby.
Glassdoor has put out their annual “Best Places to Work” list for 2019. Last year’s winner was Facebook, but they’ve faced many issues this year.
Earlier this year Mark Zuckerberg went before congress to testify how Facebook handled it’s data sharing with companies. Followed by that, the faced internal struggles with Trump politics which resulted in Oculus VR co-founder, Palmer Luckey, being fired for his support of Trump.
With all that happened this past year, Facebook has dropped down to 7th overall best place to work. They are also the second best tech company behind Zoom Video Communications. The top dog this year goes to Bain & Company, a management consulting group. Ironically enough, William Bain Jr., co-founder of Bain & Company, previously worked at the Boston Consulting Group, which placed 5th overall.
See the top ten ranked companies below:
- Bain & Company
- Zoom Video Communications
- In-N-Out Burger
- Procore Technologies
- Boston Consulting Group
- Southwest Airlines
December is starting strong with the releases just in time for the holiday season. The big one is the new Super Smash Bros. that is coming to the Switch this Friday. PUBG is also coming to PS4 this Friday as well. See the full list below:
- Beholder 2 (PC)
- Toki (Switch)
- Gear.Club Unlimited 2 (Switch)
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PS4, PS Vita)
- Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (PS4)
- Just Cause 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Subnautica (PS4, Xbox One)
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC)
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (PS4, Xbox One)
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game (PS4)
- Atelier Arland Series Deluxe Pack (PS4)
- The Council: Episode 5 (PS4)
- Arca’s Path (PS4)
- Override: Mech City Brawl (PS4, Xbox One)
- Energy Cycle Edge (Switch)
- Rival Megagun (Switch)
- LongStory: A Dating Game for the Real World (Switch)
- Color Zen (Switch)
- Beholder: Complete Edition (Switch)
- Jagged Alliance: Rage! (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The Last Remnant Remastered (PS4)
- Battle Princess Madelyn (PS4, Switch)
- Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek (PS4, Switch)
- Path of Exile (PS4)
- Iris.Fall (PC)
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PS4)
- SEGA Genesis Classics (Switch)
- Katamari Damacy REROLL (Switch, PC)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
The publisher Rockstar has announced that the online portion of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be coming to all players by this Friday.
Starting today, players that own the Ultimate Edition of the game will get access online. Players that played on launch day will be able to join on Wednesday. If you played it during the first weekend, you will have access on Thursday. If you don’t meet any of the previous marks, then you will be the last in starting Friday.
While the exact times haven’t been announced, this is still exciting news for everybody. As some may remember, they tried a global launch of GTA V Online and failed massively. Servers were unplayable for a couple of weeks and even still today, gamers are faced with long load times. This delayed release will hopefully solve some of these problems.
This will also be the first time we will see the costs of in-game items. Rockstar is known for milking their games by adding expensive items that either need a long grind for in-game money or require a real-life purchase of in-game money. Hopefully they have fixed this issue as well. Many users found the payouts weren’t as rewarding as they should’ve been.
Hopefully they allow the lasso in this version of online as well.
Another fun week of game releases for all consoles. If you own an Xbox One, PS4, or PC, look into playing Darksiders III. The first two recently got remastered and are quite fun, but lack the replay value. If you have a Switch, Katamari Damacy Reroll comes this Friday. See the full release schedule below:
- Darksiders III (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Spintires: Mudrunner – American Wilds (Switch)
- NAIRI: Tower of Shirin (Switch)
- Fimbul (PS4)
- Asterix & Obelix XXL (PS4, Switch)
- Katamari Damacy Reroll (Switch, PC) – November 30
- Ride 3 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)